Friday, August 28, 2009

Trail Shoes

I bought a new pair of shoes to use this winter for running in the snow:
http://blog.runningwarehouse.com/?p=447
 

It looks pretty cool.  It has a built in gator to keep my feet dry, and the eVent material allows air and water vapor to escape so your feet don't sweat.
At about 8:00 PM, wore them on a run through Hartley field by Chester Bowl and followed Chester Creak all the way down to 4th Steet. (by the Burrito Union) - a little over 2 miles.  I jogged back up the hill. I ran through mud, wet grass, and some water, slippery rocks, and some roots.  I had plenty of opportunities to slip and fall yet only had to catch myself a few times.  I've never run in trail shoes before, and I have to admit it was a nice change of pace from running on cement and asphalt.
When I got back, I was a bit muddy and the shoes were dirty but my feet were perfectly dry! 
 
I hope they hold up until this winter so I can try them in the snow.
(BTW - total descent 1645 feet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment