Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Poverty... (A debate with myself.)

Being the natural state.  Fine.
This is a consern to when wealth is your 'end'.

I ask that if wealth is your end and you must compete with each other to see how much you can take and control, please don't drag the rest of us with you, because we really don't want to be destroyed.

Please try to understand that there is something wrong with a winner-take-all ethic when you justify beating others with a stick and taking what is theirs by blaming them for not fighting back.

How do you become so morally flexible as to defend this eithc?

I have a theory for that - what do most generals and crazy people have in common?  An irrational believe in a higher power and another plane of existence that they will inhabit after they die, coupled with either an easy forgiveness from that higher power, or the delusion they are doing its work.

When you have to "actually" work for your ethics, you learn to appreciate them more...

2 comments:

  1. I believe that your intention was to argue against the new quote I have on my blog. If that is the case, I see your post as either the ramblings of an angry soul or you are using a common web technique; that is to respond with gibberish that is completely unrelated to the original post without making a true counter point.
    If you fall into the first case, perhaps your anger stems from a realization that you got a peak at a truism (Not requiring one to make a check against ones ethics only the ability to reason).
    If the latter is the case, please include something like "you got pwned" or "that's why your stupid" instead of just implying that something that I found interesting enough to post on my blog is morally bankrupt and by extension that I am morally bankrupt.


    Please note my cleaver use of the second technique. You got pwned ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment was directed at the assumption that poverty is the natural condition. I've re-read it and I agree with it, somewhat.

    Carlin said it best: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

    Once you understand that, then you realize that liberty for all is not an option. We need government to protect us from them and them from themselves.

    Unfortunately, That also means that we have to follow the same rules.

    ReplyDelete